|JOMON era||B.C. 2000||Earthenware, stone implement tools were found around the north of IRUKA lake.|
|B.C. 2000||A village now known as KURISU OZAKI formed.|
|YAYOI era||A.D.100||Rice farming begins.
The biggest remains known as UENO formed.
|KOHUN (ancient tombs ) era||A.D. 300||HIGASHINOMIYA, MYOKANJI ancient tombs （both national historic site） and other “keyhole shaped tombs” were built.|
|A.D. 400||AOTSUKA ancient tombs (national historic site), SHIROYASHIKI ancient tombs and many tombs constructed.|
|ASUKA era||654 （HAKUCHI 5）||JAKKOIN temple at TSUGAO mountain founded.|
|NARA era||729 （TEMPYO 1）||SENGEN shrine founded.|
|HEIAN era||1174 （JYOAN 4）||KOZENJI temple built by Kagetoki KAJIWARA, a warlord born in HAGURO, INUYAMA.
Production of ash glazed earthenware flourished in the eastern hilly district.
|KAMAKURA era||1221（JYOKYU 3）||The final battle of the JYOKYU war staged at the KISO river.|
|MUROMACHI era||1429（EIKYOU 1）||ODA family was assigned as feudal lord of OWARI area (western part of present AICHI pref.).
At the same time, Mitsuue SHIBA, another warlord built KINOSHITA castle and chose Hirochika ODA to oversee the castle.
|1537（TEMBUM 6）||Nobuyasu ODA (uncle of Nobunaga ODA) moved KINOSHITA castle and renamed it as INUYAMA castle.|
|1564（ EIROKU 7）||Nobunaga ODA conquered INUYAMA castle which was occupied by his cousin Nobukiyo. Nobunaga assigned his henchman Tsuneoki IKEDA as the castle guardian and later he was succeeded by Nobunaga’s son Nobufusa. Nobufusa had been raised by Shingen TAKEDA and called Katsunaga TAKEDA but was killed in the HONNOJI incident.|
|AZUCHI/MOMOYAMA era||1584（TENSYOU 12）||Hideyoshi TOYOTOMI and Ieyasu TOKUGAWA fought after the death of Nobunaga ODA for his successor role in the battle of KOMAKI/NAGAKUTE. In this battle Hideyoshi and Ieyasu were based at INUYAMA castle and KOMAKI castle respectively.
|1590（TENSYOU 18）||Hideyoshi ordered the construction of bank along KISO river.
KOJIMA family started making NINDOU-SYU (a kind of SAKE which was loved by Ieyasu TOKUGAWA).
|1601（TENSYOU 6）||Yoshitsugu OGASAWARA got his job as a chief retainer of INUYAMA castle.
|EDO era||1617（GENNNA 3）||Masanari NARUSE became the next owner of the castle.
|1635 (KANEI 12）||INUYAMA festival begins.|
|1648（KEIAN 1）||Christian hunt started at village of GOROUMARU.|
|1716（KYOHOU 1）||INUYAMA’s market started to be prosperous.|
|1833（TEMPOU 4）||Anonymous china artist came to INUYAMA and made INUYAMA china better in quality. Cormorant fishing began in days of Masachika NARUSE rule.|
|MEIJI era||1868（MEIJI 1）||NARUSE family declared the independence of INUYAMA as HAN (a unit of administration which equals to prefecture).|
|TAISYOU era||1912（TAISYOU 1）||NAGOYA-INUYAMA train opened.|
|1914（TAISYOU 3）||Cormorant fishing and boat tours on the KISO River started.|
|1925（TAISYOU 14）||INUYAMA bridge was built.|
|SHOWA era||1927（SHOWA 2）||KISO River around INUYAMA was selected as one of the eight best sceneries in Japan.|
|1931（SHOWA 6）||The Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Culture recognized INUYAMA as a place of scenic beauty.|
|1935（SHOWA 10）||INUYAMA castle was designated as a national treasure.|
|1965（SHOWA 40）||MEIJI-MURA opened|
|1980（SHOWA 55）||INUYAMA City History Culture Museum opened.|
|1983（SHOWA 58）||LITTLE WORLD opened.|